***The Quilt Festival is now closed and no longer accepting new links***
Welcome to the first online Quilt Festival! I'm so glad you are here! Get a cup of coffee or tea and stay a while. There's lots to see and many places to visit. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better this week!
First, I need to thank our generous sponsors - I emailed each of them this week and they have been enthusiastic to get involved. Thank You! Without your support this event would not be nearly as exciting! The sponsors are all listed on my right sidebar and I have a list of offerings a little later in this post. Be sure to do some shopping while blog hopping :)
Here's how you get involved -
- Select your favorite quilt, make sure you have a good picture of it and go post about it! It doesn't matter what size, style, or era it is from - there's no judging here :) In your post tell your quilt's story. Also be sure to link back here so your readers can join in the fun too! Everyone is welcome - international readers that's you too!
- Once you have posted on your blog come back here with your link to that post - I'm hoping that this list can be a reference and future source of inspiration for many, long after this week is over.
- Insert your name and url in the Mr Linky.
- Leave me a comment to be entered in the giveaways.
- Now go check out all the other links! Leave encouraging comments wherever you land, enjoy making new friends and be INSPIRED :)
Quilt Festival Participants
My friend Jennie offered to set up a Flickr group for the event as well! Visit us here to add to the gallery of quilts, and find links to our sponsors - Thanks Jennie!
- Edited to add : I've had a repeated question and thought I should answer it here for everyone -
- If your link happens to be incorrect - Find the smiley face next to your name/link and click on it, follow the instructions to delete your link and then post again, with your correct link.
About the sponsors and prizes -
The Twiddletails Store
Anina is offering a set of 8 fat quarters, in Woodland Bloom by Lila Tueller!
Jona is offering a Heather Bailey Fresh Picked Pincushion pattern and 4 half-yards cuts from Anna Griffin's Fiona collection!
Down Shadow Lane
Jen is offering a set of 4 half-yard cuts from the Darla collection by Tanya Whalen in mint green!
Pink Chalk Fabrics
Kathy is offering 3 $20 gift certificates - you get to decide!
Cynthia is offering a 2 yard cut of Amy Butler's Tree Peony in sand - it has been discontinued and will be hard to find really soon!
Fat Quarter Shop
Kimberly and her team are offering 3 $50 gift certificates - oh the possibilities!
Charlie and Lindsay are offering 3 sets of 4 half-yard cuts!
Neo Geo Fabric by Jackie Shapiro
Revive by Patricia Bravo of Art Gallery Fabrics
Fabric Fusion a grouping of Amy Butler and Joel Dewberry fabrics
Sheree is offering a beautiful set of 4 half-yard cuts!
Jody is offering the new Ruthie Clutch pattern, by Anna Maria Horner, and a Retro Love combo of 3 half-yard cuts!
Fresh Squeezed Fabrics
Randi is offering your choice of pattern plus the fabric to make it!
Two Creative Studios
Terri and Sue are offering two books; Creative Ways with Fibre & Stitch, and Creative Paper Quilts!
Quilt Puppy Publication & Designs
Kay is offering two books; Baskets to Applique, and Growing Hearts to Applique!
Kristina and Pam are offering 3 yards of fabric - your choice!
Wish Upon a Quilt
Cathy is offering 3 lucky winners a $10 gift certificate - great stash building opportunity!
If you have an absolute favorite prize, let me know in your comment, and I will see what I can do! :) Prizes will be drawn on/after the close of the festival - April 24th!
I have updated the button code to link back to this post specifically - you may want to keep it handy on your sidebar to get back here easily :)
Just in case you are like me and love chocolate with your quilting -- here's my all time favorite brownie recipe. (Don't let the bites part throw you off - the recipe makes a 9x13, oh, and the espresso powder is optional, I've never used it)
I hope you have a fabulous time at the Quilt Festival ~