March 17, 2008

Baby Food

So today my creativity came out in making baby purees for my little man. Owen is nearly 9 months old and loves food! I purchased about a month ago "Top 100 Baby Purees" by Annabel Karmel, and it has great recipes. It's also been very inspiring! To top it all off Owen loves everything I've made so far. Not only do I save money making his food, but I get to select the quality of foods that he is eating.

Now, my freezer is full for a few more weeks and I can get back to my quilt! If you have a young one I highly encourage you to check out the book and consider making your own purees.

My favorite puree of the day started with onion sauted in butter. Then I added potato, broccoli, spinach and peas. I even tasted it - I was impressed it tasted good and the house smelled like soup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How interesting. I always wanted to make my "baby food" but never did. I know your little one will be healthier for it-and saving money is always nice!

Anonymous said...

my hubby has done some purees too. but we mainly use them to stretch out sauces and other things... (a great way for all of us to get a greater veggie content)