April 13, 2008

A Full Week!

Well this week started with lots of snow but has ended very nicely. Yesterday and today have been warm (mid-50's) and we'll take it! However, I won't be able to plant a garden until Father's Day - too many temperature fluctuations here at altitude.

So with Spring Break, Ella and I, with Olivia and her mom got to make 2 quilt blocks for a simple place mat. We will do the quilting and finishing soon enough. =) I forgot to pull my camera out so I will have pics for you later. We had wanted to introduce quilting in a project that the girls could use or hang up and be proud of without loosing interest. So far so good!

I have been listening to podcasts and searching blogs and websites all week but haven't made anything since the bracelets. I'm trying not to be discouraged, but my stuff just isn't going anywhere in my etsy shop. Patience. Patience. That's what I keep hearing, but it's hard - probably because I need to sell some in order to make more!

I don't know why I never heard about this site before but I am planning to check it out in depth. I want to learn how to better machine quilt - so far I haven't taken the leap, stitching in the ditch. =) But I think that they have lots of info there. I will let you know what I find!

My ramblings sound better in my head! Thanks for reading.
Blessings - Amy

1 comments:

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Great tackle. Learning to quilt is on my list of "things I want to do before I die." lol The things you create are absolutely beautiful!