May 28, 2008

Finished Quilt

So yesterday I sat off and on when possible to finish the binding by hand on Emmalie's quilt. By late afternoon I had finished - my hands were numb at that point so it was a good thing! It went straight to the wash, for the puckery finishing touch. I took it up to Em as she was trying to go to sleep - she looked at me with huge smiles, "I love my quilt - thank you mommy." She melts my heart everytime =) We had a photo shoot with the quilt this morning -
A few of my favorite details . . .
One happy little girl!

8 comments:

Tipper said...

Oh it turned out so beautiful! I love the colors and the puckering texture is so neat. Really makes it look old timey. You'er so talented!

Jaimie said...

Wow Amy! You are so gifted. What an awesome gift to give your daughter. One of these days I'll learn how to sew, although quilting is for the experts!! :)

Dana said...

Ok. Seriously beautiful!




can i have it??

little acorns said...

Hi Amy!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!
I love your quilt (!), & I too just love putting a quilt into the washer & dryer as soon as I finish the binding. . . . I love to make it look like it's been here awhile (& well loved) too). . . Although I think your daughter will do a good job on the "well loved" part!
xo, Bren

Amanda Jean said...

what a gorgeous quilt!!! isn't that the best when the little ones appreciate what you make? my kids are so sweet that way, too.

Jessica said...

This quilt is lovely!!!!

Camille said...

It turned out beautiful! I'm with you on the washing and drying too- nothing better than a deliciously wrinkly brand new quilt. Great job!

No Crying Mama said...

that is absolutely gorgeous!! what a blssed girl.