June 06, 2008

Quilt Top In a Day

I know, I surprise myself too! Sewing with 4 little ones running around can be challenging. I just have to plan ahead for naptime and I sew at the kitchen table. This is a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I can be in the midst of my kids while working on little bits. A curse because I have to pack everything up constantly. Oh well, it's what God has on my plate for now - so I make the best of it!This quilt will be for my shop - finally! Joe still needs a quilt, I am reminded often, that he is the only one in our house without a personal quilt. But he is a lot more particular on fabric choice, so it's a bit tricky. Any suggestions? He has mentioned GI Joe. . . I found some old sheets on ebay - but I don't think that will do!So this is a very simple block that I drafted after I purchased a Flutterby charm pack and a few fat quarters on ebay. The top is 45" square, I think it would be great for tummy time or as a stroller blanket. I love all the saturated colors - I think that is what sold me on the fabrics =)
I couldn't help but snap this not very good picture up. Remember how I said Sophia is a good mommy to her babies? Well for naptime today she fell asleep at the foot of her bed so that she could overlook her babies in their pack-n-play, also napping. Too cute!

11 comments:

Rebekah said...

cute quilt! love the fabrics you picked for this! I think I have a pattern similar to this that I need to sew up soon : )

Anonymous said...

oh how sweet, the quilt and the sleeping babe. thanks for the nice comments on my blog and have a happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

pure sweetness...abbey has her little pack n play too...I think she has that same baby as well but with dark brown hair...hugs!

Unknown said...

What fun to find so many great fabricnistas. And I have several pictures of my daughter sleeping in the funniest places/positions.

Thanks for the comment on my post. I'm very excited about my first fabric line.

Kate said...

Hi Amy!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment about my piece, that was so nice of you!

I LOVE the quilt! I'm so inspired!! I love to sew and earlier in the year started some projects. I have the same complaint as you - sewing during naptime means packing and unpacking your projects every time until they're finished. But what's a Mom to do? :-)

I started some dresses for my girls and only have 1 finished :-O I don't have the discipline that you mentioned in your post below about finishing things once they're started. I'm a little notorious for that unfortunately. However, this I did finish and give as a gift and was quite pleased with myself and the results :-D

Nice to "meet" you! I look forward to reading your blog more!

Anonymous said...

a-dorable! i love it. it looks like it may need to be snuggled around Sophia while she naps with her babies.

KatBouska said...

Awwww...that is so sweet!!! What a good little mama. I just love to see the nurturing side of kids come out...they don't all have one you know. :)

ps my URL changed!!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, I love the colors!!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Sophia is so cute! Love the fabric too.

jacquie said...

That is the cutest pic of Sophia. Love the quilt too.

No Crying Mama said...

my ella always gets her babies set up before she falls asleep. either in bed next to her or in a pack-n-play. she even covers the pack-n-play with a blanket like they do at her daycare to keep the kids from talking to each other! such a sweet picture you snapped.