June 27, 2008

What Have You Been Up To?

Really I would like to know! =) I keep thinking about projects I would like to start but have gotten little accomplished - hmmm. I'm working on it.
I did just empty our van of trash and laundry! It is amazing how much accumulates in a short time. It hasn't been around the house much for me to get my hands on it, so it had accumulated!
I made my older two girls each a nightgown yesterday. I had been to our one and only thrift shop in town last week and found some sheets - cool and comfy nighties. Emmalie choose the dainty flowers and Ella the white with eyelet at the hem. They turned out - but not my best work. I have another to make for Sophia - practice will help!
And I finished a novel this morning! It had been a while. . . Just Jane by Nancy Moser. I really enjoyed it, but of course I also love Pride & Prejudice and the rest. This was historical fiction of Jane Austen's life, written in first person.
Of course I have been to the post office, grocery store, the laundry is going and the dishes are waiting, but it never ends so I may as well enjoy a few moments here with you!
So what are you up to? Any big weekend plans? I have a few places online that I like right now, here and here - they keep sucking me in. . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sister! I cleaned out the fridge today! Fun times lol. It is very hot here, and we have been going all week so I am feeling the pressure to get stuff done. hugs Kate

Jaimie said...

Well, hmmm, today Martin cleaned and packed for the big youth trip to Utah, while I tried to rest and feel better. I wore my pajamas all day and didn't put makeup on, and slept a lot. But at around 6pm I ventured out to JoAnne's Fabrics with Jaden to pick something up that I saw (for YOU, actually!!!) (Martin will bring it to you when he sees Joe!) :) and then I came home. At around 10pm tonight we heard Micah crying in his room and he threw up all over the place. So, now he officially has the flu too. It was just a bad cold until tonight. UGH! No big plans for this weekend now, just staying in trying to get well! :) Thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...

Night gowns-you are so neat! I'll be spending my weekend-hoping for rain!!

jacquie said...

Nightgowns from sheets...what a great idea. I weeded all day today. Got halfway around the country house. It's so lush here because of all the rain, but lots of weeds too. I hope to get up early and finish as much of the other side as I can before we head back to the city.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I saw that book and was interested in it!

Steph