November 10, 2008

Flutterby Squared

Another finish for me - in less than a weeks time too! I purchased a queen size batting on ebay and have made great use if it so far :) It's sold at our walmart, of course, but it is surrounded by tons of construction right now and getting there and out again is more headache than I care to partake in. So check out this store if you are in need - they always add a quilt label to the package too. Enough rambling! I called it Flutterby Squared since that's what it is - squares - what I love is that it's not boring. The squares are different sizes and it keeps it interesting :) I drafted this out of necessity - based on the fabric I had on hand, doing as little cutting as possible to make a large enough quilt to not be considered a mini. It's 40x60"The front is quilted with the teal/turquoise color, and the back is black. I'm starting to think that my free motion quilting is more a meander and less a stipple. I borrowed a book from the library about machine quilting and it has some good info and practice pages (to photocopy). I've been looking for the Modern Quilt Workshop over there - to no avail. I will have to buy it for myself for Christmas :)

This quilt is listed in my shop too! I had purchased the fabric with money from the sales there, thinking that it would go back into the shop - no matter how much I love it! Now I just have to pray that they sell - so I can do it all over again :)

I hope you are having a good Monday! It is very wet here . . . all the snow has melted as the rain continues to pour. Just so long as we get more sunshine tomorrow I won't complain :)
Amy

11 comments:

jacquie said...

it's so pretty. i love all the variations in the square.

Amy said...

It's beautiful. Great work!

audreypawdrey said...

I love the variations and the colors! Two quilts finished in a week is unbelieveable! good for you!

Anonymous said...

very cute! I love that fabric line, just so cheery! You are doing really well with the quilting...NOT my strong suit!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous quilt Amy! Oh, and I just nabbed three of the bookmarks from your shop too. They're going to be great Christmas gifts for the teachers. So cute!

amy smart said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love these fabrics.

Wet here too. :) (I live just on the other side of Timpanogos.)

Anonymous said...

beautiful!! love those colors!

Artfulife said...

Oh it is just too yummy. I wish I had the money, I would snatch it up in an instant.

Anonymous said...

Amy, I love the different colors and patterns-so lovely!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Really, what is the difference between meander and stipple? I think it all semantics. A general free-motion quilting style is as unique as a signature, IMHO.

Anonymous said...

Most of the quilts I make are shop samples, so they do get sent out to quilter's in our area, to feature their businesses as well. I quilt SMALL projects, but nothing larger than a baby quilt. I am looking at taking some quilting classes to sit down and spend some time with the machine, you know? I know I will LOVE it, but I don't need another hobby at this point;)