November 24, 2008

My Ta Da List!

I probably could produce three different posts out with all that I have to say . . .

First up - I finished our tree skirt! I love it :) It is just over 40" square. After seeing a couple of others a bit smaller around blogland, I thought it may be to big, but why go to the trouble if no one will see it under the tree!
I opted to add a tie to the center - it's festive :)
And I quilted stars randomly - I had to find a good one - they were not all this happy.

Now I can't wait to start decorating for Christmas!

Next up - My new loot!

These fat quarters and thread are from the Freespirit giveaway. I have no idea what they will become but they sure are pretty to look at :) On top is Anna Maria Horner's newest Good Folks. Second is Moondance by Jenean Morrison (she's pretty funny - check out her new blog!), third is Jay McCarroll's line Woodland Wonderland, there's cute trees and little bugs on the pink swirly fabric. And Dena Designs, Snowflower - really cute too! I just found her site/blog now while posting :) I'm realizing that this pic doesn't show much of the prints . . . maybe I will have to show you more later.

Finally, my last addition to my ta-da's :) I think I may have an obsession with bookmarks! I couldn't fall asleep last night for these things. . . more ideas kept popping up.They have raw edges, quilt batting inside, and white flannel or pink polka-dots for backing. For whatever reason these are so fun to make for me! Not sure if these are going to the shop, or maybe gifts. . . just had to make them :)

21 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Great tree skirt. I've been wanting to make one for years. Love the bookmarks.

Unknown said...

Terrific Tree skirt. Believe or not I still do not have one. I really need to make one. I say that every year around this time. Generally too much going on now to start one and complete it before Christmas. Maybe that should be a New Year's resolution? I love the fabrics that you won.... simply gorgeous. And boy you were cranking out those lovely bookmarks. They are fantastic!

audreypawdrey said...

Beautiful tree skirt! I just finished mine today-how funny is that!:) I love the fabric you won, it would play nicely with the fabric I just bought. I love your bookmarks. When I first looked at it, I thought it was an abstract quilt. I love how the squares all look laid out like that-wouldn't it make a neat mini quilt?

jacquie said...

this is definitely a ta da post! lovely tree skirt!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi sis. Love checking in to see how all your projects are going:). My peanut shell sling from Heather is made from that same yummy chocolate and purple fabric you got!! love it. Have a great night!

Jaimie said...

I love the tree skirt!! That will totally be an heirloom. You win so many giveaways, by the way!! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

so, so much goodness! can't wait to see what you do with those fabrics!

Anonymous said...

Such yummy fabric goodness!! That is one cute bundle! Love your tree skirt too, that is going to be one good looking tree!!

Anonymous said...

I'm serious! I want you to make me a tree skirt. Girl, I have missed keeping in contact since I have been in SoCal. I promise to do better over the next 10 days that I am in the states!

Kim said...

This is a sweet tree skirt and not too large at all. Very festive looking!

Anonymous said...

Nice ta-da's, Amy. I can't wait to see what all that new fabric loot turns into.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Cassie

Victoria said...

The tree skirt is beautiful! I really like the colors you used, and the design is great! (Now I want to make one, too!) Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your tree skirt looks very festive - the quilted stars finish it off perfectly!! Lov e all your new fabrics - such a lovely range. Have fun creating something wonderful with them.

Jessica said...

I lOVE that tree skirt!!!! Love, love, love. Next year, I will make a tree skirt for sure.

Marrdy said...

Beautiful tree skirt! Happy Thanksgiving Amy!!

Tipper said...

Your ta da list is beautiful!!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I LOVE all the colors!! And how creative! Hope you've had a great Thanksgiving!

Steph

Kritta22 said...

Oh I wish I was on your Christmas list for one of those book marks! Wonderful!!
What a great tree skirt. I'm with you! If no one can see it, what's the point?! I love the big size!
Those fabrics are wonderful too!!

Amanda Jean said...

your tree skirt is fantastic! very festive. nice job! and best of all, I'm so happy that your fabric didn't bleed. :)

Thimbleanna said...

OhMyGosh Amy! I missed your tree skirt while I was gone! It's BEAUTIFUL -- I LOVE it! And it's definitely not too big -- you never know when you might want a bigger tree and now you'll be all ready LOL. I love a square tree skirt too! Excellent Job!!!!

Unknown said...

The skirt is GREAT! Is this a pattern you made up, or got from somewhere? I would love to make one of these for my family!