January 26, 2009

Chelsee's Quilt!

Remember Chelsee? She worked like a feign to make a quilt in a week. Being that she had not used a sewing machine, rotary cutter, seem ripper or pins - we were really impressed with how fast she picked it up! Here's a couple of pictures that her and Jenna took - back at school - I love the backing fabric that she chose!Isn't it so pretty!? Chelsee is pretty certain she will quilt again! yeah - glad to have another convert - he he :)



I had my stitches out this morning - now I just need it to finish healing. Though it could be a while as it is on the knuckle. . . I may put a picture up, if I'm brave.

Blessings to you ~ Amy

8 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

How wonderful...a young quilter. Gotta get them while they're young!

SaraVictorious said...

Glad to hear your stitches are out! Hopefully you'll continue to heal quickly!

amylouwhosews said...

That is really cute! Isn't it fun to share the love with someone new? It's fun to get other people excited about sewing.

I hope your finger gets back to normal quickly.

Anonymous said...

beautiful quilt!! glad your stitches are out. stitches always give me the willies!

Thimbleanna said...

How cute -- congratulations to Chelsee -- and to you for recruiting another convert!

Tipper said...

You seem to have a knack for inspiring quilters! Hope your finger is feeling better.

Marrdy said...

This turned out so great. And what's this about stitches? What did I miss. I'm such a bad blogging friend!

Janis said...

Chelsee's quilt is a masterpiece! She must be thrilled to have such a wonderful teacher -- and you are creating lifetime memories for her. And yes, maybe sowing the seeds for a lifetime of stitches!

Speaking of stitches, glad they are gone and you've passed that hurdle - ugh. Get well soon! xoxo