January 08, 2009

Emmalie Turns 5!

I was trying to get here yesterday! Too much activity in my house :) I'm behind in responding to your nice comments about the quilt top - thank you! I get such a boost sharing here.

Emmalie had a great Birthday - thank you for your birthday wishes for her! A few pictures from our birthday celebration :)
She was exasperated with daddy for taking her picture. I have a few with just her spoon!

The birthday cake - Emmalie asked for a butterfly cake (I already had the pan) with rainbow frosting. I'm not usually quite this artistic with the cakes but I pulled it off :) She loved it! In fact she was just asking me to print this picture so she could have it. Em has a way of bringing a smile to my face at any time :)

Hope you are having a great afternoon ~ Amy

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun Cake! What a sweet memory for her~

Unknown said...

Fantastic cake! Happy Birthday Emmalie!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! it looks like a magical day, complete with a rainbow butterfly cake!!

audreypawdrey said...

That is such a great rainbow butterfly cake! It looks like she had a blast at the party.:)

Anonymous said...

I'm at Marilyn's showing her your website...Emm looks adorable and the cake is a work of art...Love, Mom

Artfulife said...

Happy birthday Emmalie! I hope it was a super special day.

When you have a sec, please email me your address.

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh -- Emmalie is adorable -- I love that exasperated picture. Excellent cake job too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emmalie!!! What an amazing job you did with that cake Amy - it is completely GORGEOUS!! can you make one for my birthday???

Dana said...

Happy Birthday Emmalie!

randi said...

Happy birthday to your girl! What a cute cake!

Janis said...

The cake is beautiful! But not quite as beautiful as Emmalie. How sweet that she wants a pic -- I'll bet she has her own scrapbook, doesn't she?

Tipper said...

Love the cake! I'm so glad her day was happy!

Cheryl said...

Wow, that is an awesome cake!

Marrdy said...

Happy Birthday Emmalie. Please do your mommy a favor and stay five for a long, long time!

Amy said...

Gorgeous child. Excellent cake. Happy birthday Emmalie - here's wishing you a year filled with butterflies!

Andrea, the little collector said...

What a fun cake! Can't imagine making something like that. What will I do when my future children ask for rainbow butterfly cakes??? Aack! I guess come here for advice! :)

Looks like it was a fun day. Happy day to you and Emmalie and all of your family.

jacquie said...

oooh happy birthday. she's looking pretty snazzy!