January 15, 2009

Frosty Fog

This morning was good. Not as much rushing about to get Ella out the door to school :) These January mornings are pretty cold, and lately the fog has been dense! We are up around 7:30 each morning - just as the sun rises too, this morning I managed to grab the camera and catch the moon before it set. The fog creates these ice crystals on the bare trees. My favorite winter feature! Later in the morning I enjoyed watching it being blown off. I don't even notice the breeze - but there is enough to scatter the little crystals.


And because you seem to enjoy the view as much as I do - Mt. Timpanogos at sunrise. The sunsets are beautiful - but I rarely have the chance to capture it :)

I spoke last week about wanting to take better pictures . . . you all left some great links, which I have technically looked at, but not enough to improve my photog skills! If you are interested there are links in the comments of this post. And I'm still sewing! I have a couple of doll quilts in progress - I will share them with you soon - Amy