April 27, 2009

SewConnected - April

For a super rainy Saturday, with less the 100 unread emails waiting for me, I set to make my swap blocks! For April, John had sent a great assortment of favorite prints and asked that we make some variation of log cabin blocks. I set out to make a 12.5x18.5" rectangle (he was asking for specific squares and rectangles) and after double checking my math a couple times - came up with this:

SewConnected for John - April

I love the way this turned out, and I'm even thinking I would love my own quilt with these blocks in various sizes! With the solid white/parchment in there it makes a very striking block - at least in my opinion! :)

I made a second, less successful block too - John has agreed to add a final border to it, and make it the size that he needs as he's constructing the top.

Extra Block for John

I have a couple of people I'm still waiting to hear from on the Quilt Festival Winner's post - please go make sure it's not you. This evening I will be selecting alternate winners.

Hope you have a great Monday!!
Blessings ~
Amy

17 comments:

Dionne said...

What beautiful blocks! I can't wait to see what John does with them!
Cheers,
Dionne

Anonymous said...

I am a HUGE fan of red and white...I just love it :)

Andrea, the little collector said...

I love how the red and white block turned out. It'd be fun to see more like this. :)

Congrats on your successful quilt festival!

KaHolly said...

Oh what fun to find a man that quilts. I personally would like to find one that likes to cooks, so I can quilt! Cooking is just not my thing, altho' baking is fun. Oops, time to take the banana bread out of the oven!

Scrappy quilter said...

Fun blocks. I like the reds and whites together.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wow, I love that red and white block. I like the different size. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Latane Barton said...

Those colors are really nice. Love the apple trim.

Cassie@You Go Girl said...

Love the blocks, Amy. I'm intrigued by the idea of a quilt made of rectangle blocks.

Take care,
Cassie

debbie in San Diego said...

Hi Amy- Wow I love the red and white block! would you mind sharing the strip measurements?
Thanks Debbie

Unknown said...

The red and white blocks are fantastic. I am sure that John will be pleased with your design.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You did an awesome job on the rectangle block!!

Allie said...

Love the blocks - nothing more cheerful than red and white!

Sara said...

I totally thought the snowball block was a solid piece of fabric. I love it!!!!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

Unknown said...

Debbie in San Diego -
My inner strip was 2.5x8.5, just build up from there! That inner tiny strip may not be necessary - I have found that my 1/4" is a tad big and shows up when there's multiple seams in a block :)

Rebekah said...

love the rectangle! It's such a fun shape for a block

Tipper said...

Love the red-and the graphic looking apples.