August 31, 2009

Something New

In the new year I told you I was adding advertising to my site - take it or leave it, I am looking for a way to help with the family bottom line (and support the fabric addiction). I have learned a lot in the process, like adding filters so that stuff I'd rather not see doesn't appear at the bottom of my feeds and such! If you have questions, let me know, I will do my best to answer or point you in the right direction. :)

Today I want to share my Amazon Shop! I have added, and will continue to add, favorite books and tools. So if you have a little shopping to do on Amazon - consider linking through my shop. I'm not looking to make a ton of $$, but every little bit helps!

Maybe you need a darning foot to finally take the plunge to free motion quilting! I didn't even to think of looking on Amazon when I had to have the Dresden ruler! And they have the ergo rotary cutter I love too!

I have also included books that I own or have inspired me through our local library. Go take a peek! Modern Quilt Workshop is one I am still digesting - amazing amounts of information in this one (not just a pattern book!). And Material Obsession, will inspire for months and years - beautiful pictures too. Have you been inspired to try embroidery? It's not hard and completely relaxing. Check out Doodle stitching! She has instructions for a few projects, stitch library and lots of information to get your started in embroidery.

If that hasn't tempted you maybe the 10 yards of bleached muslin from moda will - it's under $30!


Blessings to you~
Amy




----------------------------------------

Subscribe to parkcitygirl
Email me

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

Interesting...I was thinking about adding google adwords to my blog as a way to offset the typepad monthly fee. I wonder if it is really worth it?

ilovebabyquilts said...

Rebekah, there is no monthly fee for google blogspot, you should switch.

I say you go girl, you add as many ads as you want! I am a big believer in free enterprise. Your content is free, they can ignore the ads if they want.

amylouwhosews said...

I just discovered that you can buy fabric on Amazon too! As if I needed another resource...

I love Material Obsession - I just bought it a few weeks ago!

Amy said...

You do what you've gotta do!

To do my part around here I'm finally getting ready to go public with a web-design venture that I've been working on - you'll read about it on my blog later this month - but when/if you're feeling like registering parkcitygirl.com and/or redesigning and having your website hosted so you can have more control over it - let me know!

And you should know that I was up in the air about whether to discuss it on the blog and promote it there until you said some kind words to me about tooting our own horns and such. So thanks for that.

Anonymous said...

You just convinced me to buy my first bolt of fabric! I love Amazon - I use it all the time! Thanks

Allie said...

Good for you. I hope it helps out.
I really like advertising like you are doing through Amazon, where it is things you like to use and would recommend. I'm thinking I should check the idea out myself.
Good luck!

Mindy said...

Way to go Amy! I'm so impressed how you've been able to turn something you love (quilting) into such a fantastic business venture. You were a Bible major, not business, right? :)

anita said...

I'm all for free enterprise!

I have a question tho--if we get the "used" books, does that give anything to you?