January 23, 2009

SewConnected - January

I have been sitting on this fabric all month - and the last week haven't gotten sew much. Last night I ignored the dinner dishes and set to work after the kids went to bed.
January is Tracy's month - she has a green living room and is making a quilt to coordinate. I love the luxurious fabrics that Tracy sent! I really wanted to highlight the silk somehow - and this is what I came up with. I hope you like it Tracy! The quilt is going to be fantastic - you can check out the other blocks over on flickr.

Now I need to get my other block done for Amy . . .

Hope you are having a great Friday!
Blessings - Amy

17 comments:

SaraVictorious said...

WOW! It's gorgeous! Amazing that so much depth and texture can be in one block!

audreypawdrey said...

It is beautiful! You did a lovely job with those fabrics.:)

Unknown said...

Terrific block and you did a great job highlighting the silks.

Tracy said...

That is awesome!! I cannot wait to get them all so I can put it all together.

The silks turned out so lovely in your block. Thank you!

Abby and Stephanie said...

That is gorgeous! Love the silk...such great textures.

Unknown said...

That turned out great!

Anonymous said...

i love it, amy. what fun fabrics to work with!

Bobbi said...

You've got me itchin' to get back into quilting. It seems I can only do one hobby at a time and it's been several years since I've quilted. Did you see any stars last week during Sundance? My hubby was up there but didn't see anyone interesting.

Janis said...

It looks so sophisticated! You did an excellent job of making the fabrics work for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hon; did you get any ideas for elephants? Love the green block; mostly the magnolia looking flower!
love you, babe, Mom

Shannon said...

Blog hopping throught the Project Improv list....

Love the green and brown block! I am so taken with that floral in the corner.

I can't help love a quilter's blog with a playlist in the sidebar!!

Kim said...

Those colors remind me of summer and chocolate, lol, both of which I am dreaming of this winter! Very very nice!

Anonymous said...

oooo...thats pretty

Tipper said...

Beautiful!! She will love it!

Thimbleanna said...

Very, very nice Amy! This is a fun project you guys are doing.

em's scrapbag said...

Reminds me of the garden. Cool and fresh. Nice job.

jacquie said...

great job amy! you did a lot better with those silks than i did. though, they were gorgeous!