December 28, 2009

Life is Full & I Am Blessed!

I ended up taking more of a break than I had planned!  I have been soaking up the memories with our kids, and loving every moment.  I will admit that bedtime is still my favorite time of day for the kids - I'm wiped by the time they snuggle into bed!

Christmas morning is a favorite time too!  Watching the wonder in their eyes as they open gifts, thoughtfully purchased (not made, this year) for them specifically.

Owen was immediately in love with this Spiral Speedway, he was happy to play with it while his sisters continued opening gifts!  Sadly, I didn't take many more pictures as each one needed help with this or that, and my hands (and Joe's) were busy.

We've been having fun playing Connect 4 and putting together puzzles (Fairy Tale Castle 48pc).  I've snuck in a little sewing while the girls have a tea party too, (Tea Set) they are so fun to listen to!  Milk and Egg Nog have been the teas of choice so far!

Saturday we went sledding!  There's a golf course in Park City, (Mountain Dell) which is closed for the season, but it's a popular sledding hill.  We went with the masses and had a blast,for about an hour, little people get cold fast!  Lots of fun with a sled!  Owen was sad as we pulled away from the hill, he wasn't at all ready to be done.  I was glad though, my lungs ache when I'm out in the cold too much.

This coming week we get to look forward to the new year, goals and dreams.  I've been thinking up a few things, that I really want to incorporate in the new year - I hope you will join me!

Amy



Next steps:
Subscribe to parkcitygirl

Bookmark and Share



14 comments:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Wonderful blessings.

Have a happy new year!
=D

amylouwhosews said...

good times! I'm excited to hear your goals! I need to start thinking of mine...

Nancy Page said...

Looks like it was a wonderful Christmas morning. Merry Christmas and wishing you the best in 2010. I also extend that wish for everyone everywhere.

Jocelyn said...

What wonderful family memories. Glad that your Christmas was a good one. Wishing you a blessed New Year!

Four O'Clock Quilt Company said...

Do they still have the tubing hill open from the Olympics? We were there in 99/2000 New Years and rented tubes to go on the hill. It was such fun!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. It sounds like you had a fun weekend. I can't wait for the new year. I am so full of excitement for the next year! :)

Rita @ Mochi Studios said...

Looks like you had a super wonderful Christmas with your awesome family! I hope you had a very happy Christmas! And Happy New Years!

em's scrapbag said...

Sounds like some wonderful memories were made. Look forward to what you are doing in the new year.

Live a Colorful Life said...

I'm anxious to see what you'll be up to in 2010. Happy New Year!

Vicki said...

I'm so excited for the new year, can't wait to hear what you have in store. :)

Amber said...

We got Connect 4 too - 2 different ones...one you can play with 4 players! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas - Happy New Year!

amy smart said...

Sounds perfect. I grew-up going sledding at Mountain Dell! I love that place. Enjoy this fun time! (Sorry about the hair in the train wheels though. Poor girl!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the spiral speedway! We loved that! Years of fun in store!

Rebekah said...

I hope you had a lovely Christmas! Connect 4 was one of my favorite childhood games.