May 10, 2008

Home Machine Quilting Show

At the last minute I discovered that there was (still is today) a Quilting Show down in Salt Lake, about 45 minutes and 2 mountain passes away. I packed up Owen and asked Ella if she wanted to join us as she has been learning to quilt on a place mat that we almost have finished. She jumped at the chance and so we took off.
I have been to gem faire but never a quilting show - there was so much to take in! We started by looking at the quilts that had been entered in the competition - so beautiful! I didn't get to take pictures of every quilt (there had to be at least 200) but I think I got around 50 photographed, they were favored by Ella or myself. Here's one of my favorites with Amy Butler fabrics - but if you click here I have put them all in my flickr account and you can check out all the beauties.
The HMQS is for the home quilter and is open to the public - with the whole quilt industry getting ready for the Quilt Market, I have been feeling a bit left out. But not anymore! We had a great first go at this Quilting Show and will have to watch for it next year. If I am able to go without kiddos then I can take in some classes and get so much more out of the whole deal! I did manage to purchase a set of fat quarters in Jane Street and started making plans for a quilt for Emmalie - I will show you pictures as I go =)
Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's!
Amy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! Wish I could quilt.