May 07, 2008

Mama's Got a New Bag!

I can't believe it has been a week since I told you about my bag experiment! It has been a bit busy around here with warm weather, (we hit 73!!!) being outside with the kiddos. Love the sunshine! Today we had our first official Thunder Storm - a good 25 minutes of grumblings. When we first moved here nearly 6 years ago - I was so frightened by these storms. I am happy to say that I was cheering for the rumble today - it is so amazing to think of how these storms are orchestrated. Wow!

On to my bag! I have determined that this will stay with me and not go in the etsy shop as my iron left a stain - you probably won't be able to see it but I wouldn't want to sell it. . .it is kind of casual but made with raw silk so not at the same time. Little pin tucks adorn each side and the yo - yo adds a bit of color. It is a little slouchy which is fun but has a good bottom so it shouldn't spill out. My idea is to make more yo yo's and interchange them depending on what I want it to look like. I put a buttonhole in the back of the yo-yo and put the button on before I finished the bag. So the pink doesn't always have to be.


So what do you think? I would like to think that they would sell in my shop - but there's no guarantee there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love the bag and the change-able yo-yo is brillant!

(it finally let me comment!!!)

Camille said...

What a darling bag! You designed it yourself? Great job!

Anonymous said...

This is super cute!!! I love it :o)