July 10, 2008

Binky Patrol

Well, here's the extent of my creative endeavors for today! A bink connector for my little man. As we started walking a lot in the spring, Owen began tossing his bink right out of the stroller. We even found one the next day one time! I have not had much luck or fondness of the typical contraption found at Target or Wal-Mart, and being crafty would not pay for someone else's when I was clearly able! I found the clips on ebay for cheap and got started. I used scraps from Owen's quilt and whalaa!
Until about 2 weeks later - the clip lost it's grab, just gave up! It could have something to do with Owen yanking on it when he was not wanting it on him. . . So this is the last of the five clips I bought on ebay - then I am back to square one. You should notice that the bink is sewn in - no velcro, or snaps, my kids have always pulled them loose, I got smart and sewed it in place :) I just wash the entire thing in the sink as needed.
So if you know of any other options for the clip part that would be great! I had considered selling them in my shop, until I realized that it wasn't that great a product. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! Your always amazing me with the things you come up with!

Jaimie said...

Love it! I found one at Babies R Us that had a button to connect the binkie to it, and I could not get it open for the LIFE of me! It really worked well. Practically took my nail off.