August 09, 2008

Off

This week I've just felt - off. No real explanation, just off. My sewing machine was put away for a whole week! That could have something to do with it. . . but more of me thinks it has to do with life circumstances and changes. School is around the corner here (19th) and the summer seems to have flown by! So much that I wanted to do with the kids but haven't done, for one ($) reason or another. I have also felt a bit isolated lately, since January I haven't really had many mom type friends here locally to share life with. My family is my life, I cherish each waking (and sleeping,) moment, wanting to enjoy this time in our lives. I'm not really sure where I'm going with all of this - I needed to share where I am. Looking back it will be good to see where I've come from and through. I know that He is not finished with me yet, unfortunately the unknowns are hard to get past at the moment. Keep me in your prayers as I continue to work through "stuff" - thanks :)

I do know that I am thankful for the friends I have here! Being a part of your life, and having you involved in mine is so fun! I was able to get my sewing machine out today (finally), as we left for the park this morning - it started raining! That rarely happens in the mornings around here (in the desert) but it was a wet day, the second time we left the house, we really got rained on too! No park time today, but we did find flip-flops for .50 for my girls :) I have been working on the tiny hourglass blocks, hopefully I will have something to show for the 3 hours I spent ironing this evening!
Have a good weekend -
Amy

5 comments:

Jaimie said...

I could have written this post myself - also feeling very "off" this whole past week. I will keep you in my prayers. Life can be very lonely without a few girlfriends nearby to grab coffee with (even if it is rare) or meet at the park with. It is a blessing to have this online community especially when we can't always be near in proximity. I have been feeling very "bored" myself - wondering what my purpose is, etc... and what is next for me. (obviously my greatest purpose is being accomplished right now, but you know...) So, I'm with you girl :)

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you Amy! My friends (like you) from blog land have helped me over the roughest time in my life. So I know what you mean about that!! Glad you and the kids got to enjoy some rain.

Kari V. said...

Tomorrow is a new day! I hope you have a better week this next week.

Anonymous said...

august does the same thing to me - that feeling that summer is just rushing by makes me with the anxious 'get it all in before the sun is gone' feeling. i hope your sunny & crafty days return soon!

Sherri said...

Greetings from below.... you know west of Park City!!!!