November 13, 2008

Cutting . . . Check!

I just finished up cutting all my strips this morning. I probably could have finished yesterday, but I took a little slice off my index finger . . . that slowed me down - a lot! Watch those fingers people! I just got caught up I guess, thinking I had it all together and wham, ouch. Thankfully I didn't get any blood on the fabulous fabrics :)

I counted them - 263 pieces. I know, your thinking - it's a scrap quilt - just sew it! I'm a planner - I can't help it :) It should be a queen size by the time I finish - that's exciting, especially as it is all scraps!

Bookmarks:
The four that I made two weeks ago, have all sold! Thanks for your encouragement to put the black & white one in - it sold first. I read this post a while back and it has been resonating - "sell one thing." I can make those little bookmarks in quantity, so I have plans to make more and get my shop stocked up for Christmas. Great little gifts for teachers and special friends :)

Have a great afternoon ~
Amy

14 comments:

SaraVictorious said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your finger! But I love your pile of fabric - they look so bright and fun! Definitely a good way to ward off the overcast weather! :)

Unknown said...

Amy, so funny (not)... the first thing I thought was ouch. Then I thought wow I hope she didn't bleed on that fabric...LOL! No really I hope your finger is okay. I know what it can be like. Congrats on the bookmark sales, that is terrific!

audreypawdrey said...

Ouch! I have done that before and it hurts! I am glad you were able to keep that beautiful fabric pile spotless!:)

Elissa said...

i love the colors you have together here! gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that leaf print on top! do you know who makes it? it would be great on a project i'm working on right now!!!

Ritch in Love said...

what fantastic pieces of material!

Marrdy said...

Did you say 265 pieces? You are a pillar of patience my dear! I can hardly wait to see this one!

amy smart said...

Ooo. Just looking at that pile of fabric makes me excited. Can't wait to see what you do with it! Hope the finger heals quickly.

jacquie said...

sorry about your finger...those darn rotary cutters, can't live without them...but they can be vicious. cathy had good advice...i should give it a try and stop saying maybe someday.

Amy said...

fabulous fabrics indeed!
and ouch.

Cheryl Arkison said...

Ouch! I've done that myself. I hope it isn't too bad because it can take a long time to heal. Watch it when you go to turn on a light switch, that's what got me every time.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love your scraps! They're bright and happy looking! Take care of that finger.

Ang said...

Hey Amy, OK, so I taught myself how to use a pattern and sewing manchine. I told my friend about my desire to sew, and she let me borrow a machine of hers. I spent Friday, Saturday, and part of today cutting, marking, and now sewing. I literally took the manual out and read page by page. I figured it out after an hour, and made a pair of pants! My goal is to make all of us matching Christmas PJ's...maybe start a tradition (we'll see how it goes). You inspired me, and I did it! I still have last minute touches on Ellie's pants, but I'll put them on the blog. Just wanted to thank you for the inspiration!

Tipper said...

Hope your cut isn't too bad.