December 18, 2008

Baking Day!

Oh my! We've spent the day baking and I am wiped! Each year I gather ingredients, and make a list of cookies to bake. And work a full day getting all the goodies made!

Here's a list of what we made today:

Chocolate Crinkles
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Toffee Butter Crunch
Cran-Crazy Cookies
Ginger Cookies
Meringe Kisses
Easy Fudge

I linked up to those that I could find online :) The girls love helping pour the measured ingredients into a bowl, or roll cookies in sugar as needed. And of course they love sampling the fruits of their labor! We will be parceling up cookies for the neighbors and mailman tomorrow and get them deliver right away. I don't want to eat too many of the sweet treats :)

Owen cooperated and took a 4 hour nap this afternoon. The last couple of nights he has not slept very well, thus I have not slept very well . . . I found a new tooth yesterday afternoon - duh! I felt a little silly for not looking closer sooner - poor guy. I'm looking forward to a good night sleep tonight :)
Sweet dreams ~
Amy

9 comments:

Janis said...

What a list! I am envious as I have yet to do my baking.

Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I'll bet is smelled heavenly in your house!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipes! I think I will be doing the chocolate crinkles.

audreypawdrey said...

Oh wow! I am impressed with the list of cookies. Thanks for sharing the recipes, too. I may try the chocolate toffee ones. They all sound delicious!

SaraVictorious said...

Wow! That is a ton of cookies! No wonder you need a whole day! :) But it sounds like it was a great time for everyone involved.

jacquie said...

all in one day...wow! i'm hoping to get some baking done tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

wow you've been BUSY! and ahh, those darn teeth. I always forget to look for them too!

sewtakeahike said...

I'm impressed once again! I bet it's nice having some little helpers while you bake!

Tipper said...

Sounds like lots of yummy fun! And a new tooth is exciting too!