January 20, 2009

Bloggy Friends

I live in Utah. There seems to be ALOT of bloggers in Utah. I've never met up with a blogger from Utah - but I did meet Amy of Mommy and Beyond today, and she lives in Virginia!We've been "friends" for a couple of months now, and recently got in thick with Dana and a Notion or Two. After a bit of deliberation, we decided to meet at Elaine's - fitting right!? Ella was back at school today, so we had 5 kids between the two of us - we hung out downstairs in the sale section for a while, out of the way, getting to catch up. And $1.00 fat quarters down there too! I know I said spending freeze . . . just a couple :)

After about an hour the little people were done - so we found the nearest coffee shop and got everyone a little snack. A great way to spend the afternoon with new friends! Amy's mom, a fellow quilter was with us too. I'm thinking she might like to get in a mini-swap group :) I'm not participating in the swap this month - but there are some great little quilts in that group!

In the end, meeting up with a fellow blogger, was a little nerve wracking in the beginning, but turned out to be loads of fun! Hope you have a great Wednesday ~ Amy

12 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun, it sounds like you had a great time getting caught up!

Janis said...

Don't you love $1 fat quarters?! Our LQS has them only for special sales so I have to go then!

audreypawdrey said...

It sounds as if you had a lovely time! How neat it it is to get to meet and hang out with new friends. You had to get a couple of those $1 fat quarters right, you were saving money in the end.:)

Dana said...

So great that you guys got to hang out! Next time I'm coming.

amylouwhosews said...

It was fun! Thanks again Amy! And yes, Dana needs to come next time.

Amy said...

That sounds really fun - oh those Amys - they're a crazy bunch!

Anonymous said...

How fun!

Nanette Merrill said...

It is strange to meet a blogger. I agree. It is kind of like knowing them but NOT knowing them. I have several I'm meeting next month and it makes me nervous. What if they don't like me! Elaines is great.

Anonymous said...

How neat to get to meet in person! Glad you guys had a good time too.

Rebekah said...

sounds like fun! Blog meetups are fun, aren't they? :)

sewtakeahike said...

How fun Amy! I bet it is like meeting an old friend for the first time!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Oh, I've been wanting to go to Elaines! I'm just discovering all the great fabric stores in Utah. Have you been to Quilts, Etc in Sandy? Wonderful!