January 19, 2009

Baby Doll Quilts

After seeing my pictures from Christmas, a friend on Facebook asked for a doll quilt for her little girl. At first I thought about doing 1 or 2, but I seem to work in threes when it comes to doll quilts! I couldn't weed out my fabric selections - so three it is :) I love this combo and so another kitty cat quilt. Emmalie wanted to keep it - of course!


Sock Monkeys for dolly's. I put a blue chambray on the back, and I love how the little faces are framed out. cute!

I think this little one may be able to be labeled improvised. The quilt I had made from these fabrics previously were fat quarters, and the remaining bits were strips, cut to the same width. Some I cut down a little more and I sewed them together, added a side piece and the top and the bottom as I saw what worked as I sewed. What do you think - improvised?

We've had a cleaning day around the house! Owen went down for a nap after lunch, and the girls went to play outside so I got busy cleaning floors. I was busy working downstairs still, when the girls came in (cold toes). ------ Being the oldest, Ella seems to have this incredible power over her sisters! She convinced them to help clean up - so they could surprise me when I came upstairs. I came up to Ella getting the broom out to sweep the kitchen and a clean living room floor - now that Owen has just woken up, it's time to get it vacuumed too! My girls are so precious and sweet - I am so thankful that they seem to know just when I need help :) Why is it that they seem to be better helpers when I don't ask!?

***If your still reading each of the doll quilts have been listed in my etsy shop. Hopefully they go fast! I'm in the midst of a spending freeze along with all the cold weather :)

13 comments:

Sara said...

I find that I really enjoy how quickly doll quilts go together. I just finished my 3rd one and have 1 more to go. It's a great size for trying new patterns / techniques / textiles. Your quilts look great - I really love the sock monkey fabric!

Unknown said...

That is a mystery. My kids were like that when they were little, not so much now. I do love your quilts!

audreypawdrey said...

The quilts are wonderful! I like the sock monkey one the best, too. How wonderful of your kids to come help out that way!:)

em's scrapbag said...

What sweet girls you have. That ws so nice of them to help you out without being asked. I really like your doll quilts. The improve on is my favorite.

Marrdy said...

I still love that kitty quilt.

Janis said...

GORGEOUS quilts! I know they will go fast. They are all equally charming. Just like your little helpers, what a sweet story. :)

Tipper said...

Such sweet girls you have!! Love all the quilts-but the last one is my favorite-it looks so old timey.

Victoria said...

What sweet children you have. They obviously love you very much! All of the quilts are sweet as can be, I especially like the sock monkey one!

Anonymous said...

(1) I love the quilts

(2) I love the monkeys

(3) I love the last one as well

Do you think those are big enough for me? LOL

Nanette Merrill said...

Little quilts are such a joy.

Cheryl Arkison said...

Love the sock monkeys! Did you machine or hand stitch the binding? I'm taking informal polls.

Kerri said...

love your little doll quilts!! too cute!! :)

jacquie said...

i'm in love with those sock monkeys!