May 26, 2009

A Notion or Two - May

May is almost over! Can you believe it?

May for Mommymae!

Jenny asked for a modern block for her boy. I had been thinking how I could play with an hourglass block and then found a picture of wall molding that caught my eye. And so I interpreted it for fabric and the fabrics made it playful!


On a completely different note -- Mr. Linky has been having technical difficulties. A few of you have commented that the links are gone, but by the time I get there they are back. . . I realized I could export the list and take it off of their server! DUH :) So now they are permanent fixtures/links on my quilt festival post! Click away my friends :)

I'm participating in Sew Mama Sew's giveaway day tomorrow . . . I need to get busy!
Amy

8 comments:

mb. said...

I am in LOVE with that seahorse/octopus fabric. Very cool!

Mel said...

Love the block and fabric!! Great interpretation, very creative and happy as usual!

Susie Q said...

Amy, went for another look at "the festival list" and it was back and it looked different. So I copied and pasted and sent it to myself and now I have the links. At that point I came to read your current post and I see why, you changed something. Thank you, thank you.

Very much like your idea for a boy quilt - boy quilts are HARD not to get frilly. Back to the machine.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very cool block - awesome fabric!

Jackie Russell said...

Love the block!

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love the block. You're right; the fabrics made it playful.

audreypawdrey said...

What a striking block! It is beautiful.:)

Rebekah said...

Love this block! It's definitely very modern!