April 12, 2010

Bits and Pieces & A Winner!

I'm feeling a bit scattered!  I have lots of things that NEED to get done and a few that I really want to get done - isn't that how it usually goes?  I had a couple of hours to myself Friday evening and decided to cut into some fabric for this bag -
The fabrics are Amy Butler Love, and I love it!  Sadly my machine has been overused in the last 6 months, and needs a tune-up. I have no problem piecing, but multiple layers of fabric and interfacing - not happening.  So that's going back on the bottom of the list, until I can part with my machine long enough to have it serviced.  Just imagine no pins holding the lining in place and that polka dot strap attached on the sides :)

-----

This is the big news in the house!
Owen is growing up!  No more diapers here - YAY!  We've had two dry days, with no accidents - even dry naps!  He's enjoying his M&M's in this shot - I love new diaper-free bums in underwear :)  Now to stalk up on boys undies!

-----
The winner of last week's giveaway from Reannalily Designs --

Congratulations to Renee of Treasures of Joy!  She won, 3 patterns and Seamingly Accurate from Jen - thank you Jen!

------
This week is Spring Break, and spring is finally here - yay! First crocus' are blooming in my backyard, and tulips are up getting ready to bloom too.  My parents will be here for a visit on Wednesday, so a little purging and cleaning is needed.  My girls are motivated to help since they know who is coming - shouldn't be too bad :)  I also have one more quilt to piece, and I'm thinking about/planning for the Blogger's Quilt Festival, coming next month!  Big exhale - one day at a time :)

Blessings~
Amy
---------------------------------------------------
Next steps:
Subscribe to Amy's Creative Side
Shop with Amy
Follow Me on Twitter
Become a fan of Amy's Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

15 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

That bag is adorable! I love every one of those prints. My LOVE quilt is coming along. I did a test layout the other day, but I think I need to redo it. I'm not happy with the 'randomness' of it.

Yay for potty training!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations to Owen (and You!) -- that's a big milestone. Love that pretty bag too!

Kelly O. said...

yay! congratulations on being diaper free! I recently felt that joy as well and am enjoying it immensely....
that is until July when I pop another diaper dirtier out and start all over again :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your week is starting out like mine! Except I don't have visitors coming! ANd congrats on Owen staying dry - woohoo!

GerryART said...

I've not bought any Amy Bulter but really NEED to. Love this purse.
Congrats on dry bottoms.
Now for the 'scolding'. I AM as bad as the rest of you when it comes to taking my machine in for it's p.m.ing
[preventive maintenance] but we all know it is cheaper in the long run to take it in BEFORE trouble.
Let's make a pact to get 'em in on a regular basis.
Hugs ♥♥♥ from a gal who just took her machine in after a two year sewing streak. :^)
Gerry

Just JaiCi's Crafts said...

Your purse is beyond adorable...I am a firm believer that you can never have too many cute bags!!! My husband says that I have way too many, but I just don't see it :) You're just so creative...

I am so happy that your little boy is potty-trained...I can't wait for the day in this house....I currently have 3 babies in diapers!!! We are working on the 1st...but I've been told that boys do it on their own time :) :) :)

Unknown said...

I agree Jaici! Never too many bags :) My boy is about 2 months shy of 3, but we ran out of diapers and I told him "no more diapers" the first two days were full of little accidents, but he's gotten the hang of it!

BJ said...

Our machines breakdown when we are in the middle of a project we just have to get finished, right? My solution to this problem was to invest in a basic back-up machine. I got it on sale at a machine dealer. I made sure I could do machine quilting on it too. I also wanted it to be the one I could haul around to quilting events with my friends, so my good machine didn't get damaged while being transported. I highly recommend every quilter invest in a second machine. Watch for them at yard sales, estate sales etc. Be careful buying online though. You can get ripped off.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Bloggers Quilt Festival. Can't wait!!

Totally cute bag. And my machine so needs to be serviced as well.

Victoria said...

Big congrats to both you and Owen!

Lara said...

Congratulations Amy and Owen!! Doesn't it make such a difference? When Ollie came home and announced he wasn't going to wear nappies anymore I was so excited. We did days and nights together and have only had a few accidents! My DP's aunty gave us a heap of 2nd hand underpants which has been brilliant because for those not so nice accidents we've just binned them!! I found these online and find them really helpful for night time accidents - it's saved my washing pile a bunch!!

http://www.brollysheets.com/

xx

em's scrapbag said...

Happy days for you and Owen! YEAH!!!
And your bag is lovely.

Allie said...

That bag is too sweet! Bummer about the machine though. I hope you can get it to the spa soon!

YAY for big boy undies!!!!!!! I remember the RELIEF of those days!

Congrats to Renee!

myBearpaw said...

So pleased to hear you are doing the quilt festival again! I had such fun taking part in the last one and made so many friends.
Congrats on the 'potty training' too (as we call it in the UK!)

Vicki said...

awesome, congrats on the potty training!