August 18, 2008

I am Thankful : : 1

In light of my recent funk, and other stuff that doesn't get posted here. I've decided I need to be more aware of the blessings in my life! I have put a good bit of thought into the idea lately that I need to be content where God has put me, and the best way I can become content is by being thankful for the blessings that He has given me.

I am thankful for : :

1 : My husband, who loves us and works hard to provide for us.
2: My children, who are healthy and love each other.
3: A safe home, with air conditioning (yep, it's hot again).
4: The ability to be home with my kids.
5: Support of our family and friends.

You are welcome to join me in being thankful! I would love to know the blessings in your life - leave a comment and let me know :) Or post your own list.

I'm thinking this will be a regular post at least weekly, maybe more if I feel whiny and need to reflect on the good things instead of the tension. I'm sure there will be silly ones too - anything goes I just need to be more aware of the good :)

Have a great Monday!
Blessings -
Amy

4 comments:

Marrdy said...

This is a great idea!! I may have to "borrow" it!

jacquie said...

this is a great way to gain perspective and turn back the funky, down times. my blessings are much like yours. many times when i'm in the middle of "things", i can't see the wonderful life i have...i love that you took time to step away and see yours.

Anonymous said...

I too need to be more thankful for my blessings. This week I'm thankful for a good hubby, 2 healthy, funny, sweet girls, and a wonderful family.

Canarella said...

Gratitude list it is one of the things that puts my life back into perspective when my panties get in a bunch or I get to big for them...
1.My higher power
2. my loved ones
3. my health
4. my friends
5. my ability to laugh and bring the world a smile